The Capitalism Sucks Update - Version 5.0
Version 5.0 - The Capitalism Sucks Update:
- Modified the Scary special ability
- Renamed the Flesh Wound special ability
- Modified the Combat Experience special ability
- Renamed the playbook to “Doc”
- Redesigned the playbook so it is more about medicine, chemicals, and helping people. Another playbook that covers technical skills and hardware will be coming soon.
- Modified the Sawbones special ability
- Replaced the fine chip ripper playbook item with fine medical kit
- Replaced fine tinkering tools with fine anatomical knowledge
- Renamed Strange Stimulants special ability
- Removed the Pet Project and Designer special abilities
- Added Community Servant special ability
- Renamed the Cyberware Specialist special ability
- Added an Eye for Chrome special ability
- Removed the Suit playbook from the game. I’m going to rework this until I’m happier with it. A character that is good at influencing people with money is pretty against the ethos of Neon Black, so I’m going to try something different.
- Replaced Fine revolver with fine favour
- Replaced electromagnetic ammunition with extra ammunition
- Modified the Wired special ability
- Replaced malware ammunition with wireless Hard Light router
- Modified and renamed the Party Like it's 2099 special ability
- Modified the Make a Scene special ability
- Modified the Watch Dogs special ability
- Renamed to Creators
- Modified the Creators playbook so it’s more about making something new rather than becoming another corporate force that the world does not need.
- Modified and renamed the Leverage special ability
- Removed the Corporate Sponsor special ability
- Added the All in the Game special ability
- Renamed and redesigned the Licensed special ability
Downtime Actions Updates
- Players no longer get +1d for involving friends and contacts in downtime actions
- Players now get +1d for involving any number of player characters in downtime actions
- Modified the Recovery downtime action: Characters can’t perform the recover action for other characters without the Sawbones special ability or equivalent training and expertise.
Indulge Vice Updates
- Indulge vice is now Reset
- Redesigned how Indulge Vice works
- Characters no longer takes stress equal to their glitches if they don’t Reset by the end of downtime
- Modified the different types of Reset available to characters
- Modified the writing around glitches so they are not necessarily permanent
- Renamed to Reduce Heat.
- Reverted this back to traditional Blades in the Dark rules.
- Changed the way removing Wanted Levels works
Hit the Streets
- Modified the wording and mechanics of Hit the Streets to make it distinct from just buying things
- Renamed to Reach Out
Engage in Capitalism
- Added Engage in Capitalism downtime action where characters can just buy what they want without complications.
- Modified the Bills entanglement
Other General Updates
- Modified the starting situation
- Defined player characters as freelancers and edited the language of the game to make it more obvious that capitalism and wealth are bad.
- Renamed Background to Resume
- Replaced and modified contacts for all character and crew playbooks. I get it, everyone loves Stereo the smart car
- Modified each playbook summary to reflect experience triggers
- Modified the language and questions of the Engagement roll advantages and disadvantages
- Lifestyle quality renamed to credit level
- Added a rule that characters become paralyzed or run in terror when they witness an artificial intelligence in the ‘Net unless they resist
- Renamed and modified The Z3k3 faction, now known as The Constant
- Added the Prime City Corporate Catalogue chapter where all items, crew upgrades, assets, and cyberware can be found
- Added a special thanks section
Get Neon Black
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.