A downloadable game
Free an AI from their corporate prison. Hack a CEO's credit account. Rescue your friend's digital consciousness from a vending machine.
Neon Black is a role-playing game about a community of poor people fighting back against tyrannical corporations and the indifference of the rich, as well as surviving in a dystopian city state. It’s like real life, but in this world you can kill the CEO’s, rob banks to pay rent, and help your friends do the same. You'll help your community, go on dangerous heists, explore artificial realities, and encounter friendly and nefarious machines. We play to find out if the community can survive amidst warring corporations, an unforgiving climate, and the negligence of the extravagantly wealthy.
Capitalism sucks. The rich are villains. Community rules.
- Build one of 4 cyberpunk communities (the street of Tannhauser Way, the spaceship Chariot, the ruins of the City of Nod, that massive apartment complex known as The 55) complete with unique contacts, opportunities, and complications that enrich your story
- Play as 8 unique characters (Decker, Merc, Operator, Synth, and more) each with narrative milestones that help define your character and the community, and drive the story forward
- Spend luck to push yourself for better results and inject chaotic calamities into the narrative
- Form bonds with PCs and NPCs to better your odds and define your beliefs and relationships through play
- Explore the rich setting of Prime City, including dozens of corporate and underground factions
All the sheets you need to play are available free to download by clicking on this link (you'll be asked to create a copy of the spreadsheets). These will allow you to play the game digitally or to print and play at home.
Written & designed by Michael Elliott
Downtime scenes by Sam Dunnewold
Cover art by Megan Ellis
The Sounds of Prime City
Tunes for getaways down neon streets, smoking e-drugs, and robbing banks.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $15 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Support this game at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
Everyone who buys a copy of Neon Black on itch.io provides a copy for someone to download free of charge. These community copies of the game are intended for marginalized people and those who are experiencing financial hardships and cannot pay for a copy. If that applies to you help yourself to a community copy.
- Version 7.326 days ago
- Neon Black v 7.249 days ago
- Neon Black 7.156 days ago
- Neon Black 7.0: Capitalism Sucks - Community Rules67 days ago
- Update Downloading...71 days ago
- Cover ArtJul 21, 2020
- Major Changes ComingJun 05, 2020
- Text CompleteMay 24, 2020
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.